Friday, February 29, 2008

Judo-Chop!

So I don't want to sound weird about this, but....I WAS KICKED!!!

"Hey, put your hand right here." Mom says this a lot, trying to get me to feel Hadley kicking...and every single time, I go over and press my hand on her and wait and wait, and she cops out on me!
Poihaps tonight was different.

"Come on, girl, show me what you got," I said, with my hand on Mom's stomach. All of a sudden, wham! A little tiny foot comes and karate kicks me in the fingers.

It took me by surprise--I was expecting the little moth flutterings the books describe, but that girl is strong! It felt more like when you have a grasshopper in your cupped hands, and you can feel it thumping around trying to get out.

A few seconds later she did it again. It's always hard to believe she's in there--Mom's not really showing, not having the "milkshake-and-pickle" cravings or anything stereotypical...but feeling Hadley in there, kickboxing my fingers from her warm little nest is so indescribable; she really is in there and she really is kicking butt already.

(PS: Dad got her another onesie; "Party Pooper")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear about the little Peanut. I hope that you all are doing well, especially you Rhonda. I hope that you have the time to take it easy now, as your life is about to change soon. I can't wait to be able to see her.
Love and Blessings,
Andrea Thiele

Visitors