Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2009: A U-haul Odyssey

As you may be able to tell, we are now the proud owners of a new, modern video camera. The very first one we had, back when Kevin and I were tots and the one that filmed 90% of our home videos, was an enormous, shoulder-mounted black monstrosity that ate entire VHS tapes. Our second one was better, one that ate only dainty, miniature VHS tapes, but it was still pretty big and couldn't connect to the computer.

Enter the awesome new camcorder. It's tiny and shiny and silver, you can hardly tell it's in my hand, eats no tapes (it stores data on the camera's hard drive!), and uploads to the computer. We can jack it to the TV, or burn DVDs of the movies we make.

The most awesome thing is I can edit it using iMovie on my iMac. At first I was pretty intimidated, since I know next to nothing about video editing, but Apple helpfully provides editing tutorials on their website for novices like me.

But enough geek speak. Here's the very first video I edited, just for you guys. It may not be very cutting-edge, but Hadley got so excited when she watched the final cut that she forcefully peed through her diaper onto me. I'm not even kidding. I just got back from changing my clothes. How many of you can say that YOU get that excited?

(I also humbly credit the awesome Brown's blog for the inspiration. Everyone wants videos of adorable babies...I can only blab to you so much before you open Solitaire!)

**NOTE: Before playing the video, tell CCR to stuff it. At the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Visitors