Sunday, January 6, 2008

You're Pregnant, Dude

Author: Erin

My mom is 49 and pregnant. (Sounds like that lame Scott Baio show!) So we...well, I...started this blog because that's how we do things now in the 21st century. Just the other day, I told my dog, "You have a lot of toys. You should start a blog!" You can get blogs for anything, so a baby blog seemed to fit.

Peanut might be called a 'miracle baby' by some people...maybe even a lot of people. My parents thought they were done with us kids: Kevin and I are approaching that time where we either fly the nest or start our own life.
Obviously God had other plans. Our family of four is now becoming five. Is it surreal? Definitely.

Mom asked me the other day, "Don't you feel now like something was missing in our family?"

She meant that before we started to adjust to this baby, we had a routine--we were four, we've been together since 1993 when the last baby, Kevin, was born (think again!). We'd settled. And now that we've met Peanut, through the ultrasound screen; seen its little arms and legs squirm around; we're ready.

Peanut is due on July 11, 2008. Just six short months away! I'll post some photos when I figure out how.

Love
E

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't know I was a "dude"!
mama

Anonymous said...

I WILL REALLY ENJOY READING ALL ABOUT PEANUT....
I HOPE YOU GET TO SEE PEANUT COME INTO THIS WORLD...
AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING IF PEANUT IS A BOY OR GIRL....

Anonymous said...

Erin, you are a great writer, I am so glad that there is a blog for peanut, I will follow it faithfully. Your family is very blessed and it is awesome to see where God will lead us. I think of your family often and hope that we can get together before peanut is born, and most certainly after.
Keep on posting.

Visitors